In 2002, Mr. Whittaker started Whittaker & Associates, PC in 2002, to start a law firm focused on construction law while still handling collections. Today, Mr. Whittaker’s practice focuses on construction, business, collection, and contract law. However, Mr. Whittaker has provided legal services to clients, large and small, in numerous other areas. Since becoming an attorney in 1999, Mr. Whittaker has provided legal representation to hundreds of individuals and entities, varying in size from individuals and small entities to international corporations in the consumer, commercial, and government fields. Mr. Whittaker works closely and receives referrals from many lawyers and firms in the metropolitan area as well as in the United States.
In construction, Mr. Whittaker represents owners, general contractors, suppliers, and subcontractors.
Whittaker & Associates handles collections for all types of businesses including medical practices, collection agencies, court reporters, lenders, IT companies, government contractors, consultants, landlords, and anyone else owed money.
Raised in Louisiana, Mr. Whittaker attended the Louisiana State University, where he graduated cum laude in 1995.
In 1999, Mr. Whittaker obtained his juris doctor and Master of Art’s degree from the American University in Washington, DC. Mr. Whittaker practices in all of the federal and state courts of Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, and has litigated and arbitrated cases in many other jurisdictions.
Mr. Whittaker lives in Rockville, Maryland with his wife Cynthia, their daughter Savannah and son Landry.
Mr. Whittaker is licensed to practice in the following Courts:
- All Maryland State Courts
- All Virginia Commonwealth Courts
- Superior Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for Maryland
- United States Bankruptcy Court for Virginia
- The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Virtual Development and Defense International, Inc. v. The Republic of Moldova, 133 F. Supp. 2d 9 (D.D.C 2001).
- Williams v. Hancock, 16 Fed. Appx. 138 (4th Cir. 2001).
- Bannum, Inc. v. Citizens for a Safe Ward Five, Inc., 383 F. Supp. 2d 32 (D.D.C. 2005).
- Bannum, Inc. v. D.C. Board of Zoning Adjustment, 894 A.2d 423 (D.C. 2006).
- Bannum, Inc. v. D.C. Board of Zoning Adjustment, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 13798 (D.D.C., Mar. 30, 2006).
- Bannum, Inc. v. District of Columbia, 433 F. Supp. 2d 1 (D.D.C. 2006).
- United States on behalf of LGS Group, LLC v. Tesoro Corp. 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 91975 (E.D. Va. 2008).
- United States on behalf of D.L.I. Inc. v. Allegheny Jefferson Millwork, LLC, 540 F. Supp. 2d 165 (2008).
- University of Northern Virginia, Inc. v. Tiffin University, Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 110436 (N.D. Oh. 2010).
- Bannum, Inc. v. 2210 Adams Place, NE, LLC, 4 A.3d 431 (D.C. 2010).